When I know a lot about something, and I'm trying to show another person how to do it, I tend to be very short sometimes when they do things I think don't make sense. In this way, I need to have more patience and be more understanding when teaching.
Important Rule: "Never do something for someone that they are capable of doing for themselves."
When teaching others how to do something, it's always best, I feel, to let them go through the actually process, not unlike driving to an unknown destination for the first time, when you drive yourself, you're more likely to remember how to get there.
When teaching about technology in the classroom, remember that all teachers started as students, and something that comes naturally to you, doesn't necessarily come naturally to others.
"How to help someone use a computer." UCLA Department of Information Studies. 10 Mar. 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment