If I had 10 more hours to work on my student sample, it would be longer. Although, I was pleasantly surprised how little I had to tweak my rubric compared to other people in our class. After I made the video, I realized just how much information who could include on a project about rape. Even though I covered everything my students needed to put, I still felt like I had barely even grazed the surface of my topic.
I'm a little upset by the time constraints that we, as practicum students, had to finish this project because now we will never know how long it could actually take our students. I finished mine in about 20 hours. What does that equate to for students? How long everyday do I want them to work on this? How long will they actually work on it? I had a week to do it and I waited until the last minutes.
I feel confident saying that I am more technologically savvy (at least in iMovie) than 90% of the freshman I would be instructing, this year at least. In that respect, I don't expect my students to have everything come together and flow quite as well as I think my own project did. I have worked with iMovie before, so I know it will take them to longer to make a video. We would need to spend at least one whole class going over the multiple options that are used in iMovie. I would expect their movies to be more creative than mine.
I had so much fun. The best part for me was being to work with everyone in class. Staying up all night with a couple of them. Holing up in Mallett lobby and the MacLab. Haha. It was more motivation for me personally because I wasn't alone and didn't really have time to freak out about it.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment